The purpose of the Physical Sciences and Engineering Advisory Panels is to provide a link between Science Board and the community, and represent the needs of the community to the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC). There are two advisory panels in the facilities area, the other being the Life Sciences and Soft Materials Advisory Panel.
The remit of the panel is to:
- maintain an overview of activities within their research area as relevant to STFC, in particular, but not exclusively, relating to facility provision, both UK and international
- consult and interact with the community to ensure its views are canvassed and there is an appropriate and effective route for communication with STFC on strategic programmatic issues
- provide advice to Science Board on specific questions as requested
- liaise with other advisory panels when appropriate.
The remit of the panel includes technology development, theory, high performance computing and data curation issues within its area.
- Professor Peter Hatton, Durham University (Chair)
- Dr Yvonne Grunder, University of Liverpool (Deputy Chair)
- Dr Lucy Clark, University of Birmingham
- Professor Brendan Dromey, Queen’s University Belfast
- Professor Sian Dutton, University of Cambridge
- Professor Gianluca Gregori, University of Oxford
- Dr Rhodri Jervis, University College London
- Dr Cameron Kewish, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
- Dr Anthony Phillips, Queen Mary University of London
- Dr Helen Playford, STFC ISIS Neutron and Muon Source
- Dr Anna Regoutz, University College London
- Dr Manfred Schuster, Johnson Matthey PLC
- Dr Sihai Yang, The University of Manchester
Terms of reference
STFC and UKRI strategies and reviews
Last updated: 13 September 2023