This is an annual opportunity to recognise and reward the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)-supported researchers who have created or enabled outstanding impact.
We celebrate social science researchers at all career stages whose actions have supported changes in practice, thinking or capacity that create a positive impact in our society, economy and in our lives, in the UK and internationally.
The prize is open to current and previous ESRC-supported researchers, including doctoral students. There are 5 competition categories this year:
- outstanding business and enterprise impact
- outstanding early career impact
- outstanding international impact
- outstanding public policy impact
- outstanding societal impact
The finalists in all categories will have an opportunity to attend media training and have a film professionally made about their work and impact.
Winners are awarded £10,000 to spend on further knowledge exchange, public engagement or other impact related activities. Winners are announced at a high-profile awards ceremony.
Full guidance on eligibility, closing dates, how to apply to the call and assessment criteria are in the call documents. The timetable is:
- applications open: 5 December 2023
- applications close: 22 February 2024 at 4:00pm UK time (Greenwich Mean Time)
- interviews for shortlisted candidates: 20 to 22 May 2024
- media training for finalists: week commencing 1 and 8 July 2024
- awards ceremony: November 2024
Please note that this timetable is provisional and is subject to minor change.
Enquiries about this opportunity can be sent to email@example.com