The unique challenges entrepreneurs face in developing a business idea or new technology are complex and can quickly become barriers to growth. Figures show that although the UK’s economy is amongst the most entrepreneurial globally, there exists a scaling-up deficit.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC) long and proven history of commercialising science and technology and creating viable businesses has equipped us with a first-hand and in-depth knowledge of the support a technology business requires to scale-up and grow. We are committed to offer businesses the ideal environment to thrive in an increasingly competitive national and global marketplace.
Our rounded and tailored support includes:
- affordable and flexible access to state of the art laboratories and equipment
- opportunity to access the expertise of world leading scientists and engineers
- a world renowned business address where historical scientific breakthroughs take place
- access to funding opportunities
- on-going and complimentary business support from business advisors
- opportunity to join STFC’s extensive network of scientists, engineers, universities and businesses
- connections into world-wide partnerships and their exclusive programmes.
Through advancing science and supporting the growth of businesses, STFC is making an impact on the UK’s productivity in key sectors, ultimately driving economic growth.
Feedback on the programme
Working with STFC gave us a real sense of momentum to have all the initial resources at our fingertips. The network around us provided fantastic access to expertise and technologies, and really helped to develop our company to where it is today.
James Arthur, Earth Rover
We would not have been able to grow and develop without the support that we have received from STFC over the past six years. Having access to state-of-the-art equipment and facilities for affordable rates make STFC hugely ideal for launching successful tech start-ups.
Alex Reip, Oxford nanoSystems
You can discuss how our facilities and expertise could help your business grow.
Last updated: 21 June 2022