Call announcement: Celebrating Impact Prize 2023
Our call for applications for our prestigious Celebrating Impact Prize is now open.
This is an annual opportunity to recognise and reward the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)-supported researchers who have created or enabled outstanding impact.
We celebrate social science researchers at all career stages whose actions have supported changes in practice, thinking or capacity that create a positive impact in our society, economy and in our lives, in the UK and internationally.
The prize is open to current and previous ESRC-supported researchers, including doctoral students. There are 5 competition categories this year:
- outstanding business and enterprise impact
- outstanding early career impact
- outstanding international impact
- outstanding public policy impact
- outstanding societal impact
The finalists in all categories will have an opportunity to attend media training and have a film professionally made about their work and impact.
Winners are awarded £10,000 to spend on further knowledge exchange, public engagement or other impact related activities. Winners are announced at a high-profile awards ceremony.
Full guidance on eligibility, closing dates, how to apply to the call and assessment criteria are in the call documents. The timetable is:
- applications open: 6 December 2022
- applications close: 16 February 2023 at 4:00pm (Greenwich Mean Time)
- interviews for shortlisted candidates: 9 to 11 May 2023
- media training for finalists: week commencing 26 June and 3 July 2023
- awards ceremony: 15 November 2023
Please note that this timetable is provisional and is subject to minor change.
Enquiries about this opportunity can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org