The Joint Programming Initiative on Agriculture, Food Security and Climate Change (FACCE-JPI) promotes integration and alignment of national research resources and priorities in Europe under a common research strategy to address diverse challenges in agriculture, food security and climate change.
The initiative was launched in 2010, and brought together 24 participating countries (European and global) that are committed to strengthening the integrated European Research Area (ERA), while addressing the challenges of sustainable agriculture, food and nutrition security, and impacts of climate change.
FACCE-JPI’s work is based on its strategic research agenda which describes the programme’s vision, mission and core areas of interest.
The core themes of the programme are:
- An agricultural sector that contributes to climate neutrality
- Sustainable and resilient agriculture
- Nutrition-sensitive agricultural production for food security
- Trade-offs and synergies between food production, ecosystems and climate
Based on the core themes, FACCE-JPI has instigated several actions:
- knowledge networks
- knowledge hubs
- joint funding opportunities.
Find out more about these actions in the FACCE-JPI Implementation Plan on their website.