If you have an idea for an innovative product or service, you can get help from Innovate UK to develop it and make it successful.
Innovate UK can help you access expertise, specialist support and facilities. You can:
- find partners locally, nationally and internationally
- attend networking and collaboration events
- get advice on funding opportunities and applying
- get help to attract investors
- get help to understand the future market for your innovation
- get help to understand how to make your business innovate successfully
- get expert knowledge from universities and research organisations.
Innovate UK can also help you access funding and finance.
How to access Innovate UK support
This support is available for all UK-based companies – from pre-startup to large multi-nationals. You may also be able to get help if you are an individual or an organisation.
Innovate UK provides support through two innovation networks. These are the Innovate UK KTN (Knowledge Transfer Network) and Innovate UK EDGE.
Innovate UK KTN
Innovate UK KTN can help you:
- connect with experts outside your usual networks and industry
- link with academics, government and funding opportunities
- access support and intelligence to develop your innovation strategy
- exploit your ideas and capabilities
- find the right support you need.
Innovate UK EDGE
Innovate UK EDGE is a key part of Innovate UK’s investment in the innovative businesses that drive economic growth. It complements Innovate UK grant funding with intensive, specialist-led support for such ambitious businesses.
Each high-potential, innovative business in the Innovate UK EDGE portfolio benefits from the support of a dedicated innovation and growth specialist local to them. Our specialist considers a business in the round and, working closely with its leadership, identifies the most productive ways to accelerate its growth.
Innovate UK EDGE brings a range of services to help ambitious, innovative SMEs scale and grow. We help businesses:
- exploit innovation, intellectual property, and connections in the UK and abroad
- enter new markets at home and abroad
- access funding and finance and getting investment ready.
Catapults are not-for-profit, independent technology and innovation centres that connect businesses with the UK’s research and academic communities. They were established and are overseen by Innovate UK to bring together the best people in their fields with world-class facilities and expertise to rapidly advance the UK’s research and development into global commercial success.
Catapults can bring new opportunities to businesses of any size who want to grow through innovation. Each specialises in a different area of technology to provide partners with a neutral space with the facilities and expertise to enable businesses and researchers to solve key problems together and develop new products and services on a commercial scale.
Last updated: 24 January 2024