Artificial intelligence (AI) is already transforming our world. For example, it is:
- transforming health services
- helping us meet challenges in fields, such as energy and the environment
- helping scientists to make important new discoveries more quickly, notably in dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
We published our statement of opportunities on AI, where we set out our vision for AI and our aspiration to play a key role in realising the vast potential benefits of AI, following our extensive review exercise.
Our vision is for advances in artificial intelligence in the UK to benefit society, provide skilled employment and deliver significant economic growth. Our vision is founded on:
- building ambitious new UK AI capability
- growing the UK AI research and innovation capacity in a sustainable way
- achieving positive economic, societal and environmental impact through growth of the sector and wider adoption of AI that works for everyone
- enabling adventure and creativity in AI research and innovation
- increasing the connections across the UK’s AI research and innovation communities.