Scaling up: the investor perspective (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
Innovate UK commissioned Ebiquity to speak to business leaders and UK and international investors to find out where business leaders and investors agree on investing to scale up and where they do not.
- investors place importance on personal chemistry, communications skills and resilience
- sustainable growth was most commonly seen by business leaders and investors as vital for growth
- a strong management team was the most critical factor for success
- investors looked for drive, passion and resilience in a management team
- fear of losing control was the main reason for businesses avoiding equity investment
- UK scale-ups would welcome more support and advice.
Page last updated: 11 January 2022