A non-animal technologies roadmap for the UK (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
The market potential for non-animal technologies is huge, and this has led Innovate UK to identify them as one of a series of emerging technologies that could encourage future UK economic growth.
Innovate UK has published the roadmap on behalf of these organisations:
- Innovate UK
- the National Centre for the Replacement Refinement and Reduction of Animals in Research
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- the Defence, Science and Technology Laboratory
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Medical Research Council (MRC).
The paper sets out a vision and strategy for non-animal technologies in the UK and includes a roadmap that illustrates a broad landscape and timescale for progress up to 2030.