Innovate UK high-value manufacturing strategy 2012 to 2015 (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
Request a different format
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, telling us:
- the name of the document
- what format you need
- any assistive technology you use (such as type of screen reader).
Find out about our approach to the accessibility of our website.
Innovate UK has identified five areas where innovation in HVM can generate further wealth across many sectors:
- resource efficiency
- manufacturing systems
- integration of new materials with manufacturing technologies
- manufacturing processes
- new business models.
This strategy identifies the need to:
- double direct investment in HVM innovation to around £50 million a year
- concentrate investment on technologies and sectors where the UK can benefit in large global markets
- make investment choices using a set of 22 manufacturing competencies
- invest in the High Value Manufacturing Catapult
- provide open access to shared knowledge.