Identifiability, anonymisation and pseudonymisation (PDF)
If you cannot open or read this document, you can ask for a different format.
Request a different format
Email email@example.com, telling us:
- the name of the document
- what format you need
- any assistive technology you use (such as type of screen reader).
Find out about our approach to the accessibility of our website.
This guidance document is designed for data protection officers and research governance staff. It includes:
- guidance on information that can make people identifiable
- best practice on using anonymous information
- areas where keeping data anonymous presents challenges
- principles to consider when handling person-level data.