Chris Wormald was appointed Permanent Secretary at the Department of Health in May 2016. His previous posts include:
- Permanent Secretary for the Department for Education
- Director General in the Deputy Prime Minister’s Office, Cabinet Office
- Head of the Economic and Domestic Secretariat, Cabinet Office
- Director General, Public Service Reform, Cabinet Office
- Director General for Local Government and Regeneration at the Department for Communities and Local Government
- Principal Private Secretary to Estelle Morris and Charles Clarke.
Last updated: 4 April 2022