Chief Science Officer
Robin Buckle is the Chief Science Officer for the Medical Research Council (MRC). Robin’s role is to:
- shape and develop MRC’s head office scientific operations, boards and committees, to maintain excellence and to respond to the changing needs and integration into UK Research and Innovation (UKRI)
- personally provide leadership for major science implementation programmes in select areas, by agreement with the Chief Executive Officer
- ensure MRC’s external networks and internal communications provide up to date insight, through effective contributions to strategy, evaluation, at board level and across MRC
- have responsibility for MRC’s family of units, centres and institutes, ensuring that they make exceptional contributions to MRC’s research, and optimising communications, funding, review and governance arrangements to ensure continuous evolution
- act as an ambassador for MRC, developing networks and inter-organisational relationships, and providing a public voice for MRC on issues such as science funding and quality, both nationally and internationally.
Last updated: 31 March 2022