Innovation is a vital part of the research landscape and UKRI provides funding and support to encourage the development of new products, processes and practices.
This innovation is essential so that:
- the UK has a thriving research community
- we can ensure effective delivery of all 34 Strategic Priorities Fund programmes
- skills and knowledge are used in the best way to address new national and global challenges.
We provide support for innovation by:
- funding new and ambitious projects
- enabling collaboration, such as with industry or policymakers
- sharing research intelligence and data
- protecting intellectual property.