Find out how the people and projects we invest in can have a major impact on our lives, the economy, our knowledge and the world we live in.
Delivering social, cultural, economic and knowledge impact
UKRI impact stories
Air pollution: research tackles a silent killer
Air pollution causes over seven million deaths worldwide. It is a global health emergency. UKRI-funded researchers are helping tackle the issue.
UK research key in fight against antibiotic resistance spread
Antibiotic resistance is a major global health challenge. It needs the joint effort of researchers, doctors, farmers, vets and social scientists to tackle it.
Watch this space: UK satellite technology creating jobs and saving lives
Satellite technology is now a major strength of the UK economy, supported by outstanding research and protecting people’s lives
New device offers hope for successful IVF pregnancy
Couples’ chances of a successful pregnancy through a round of IVF could increase by 10% thanks to a new device that mimics the human body
The plastics paradox
Plastics are essential to everyday life but the way we use them is unsustainable. UKRI-supported researchers and innovators are on the case
Impact from across the research councils, Innovate UK and Research England
Explore more impact stories from the research councils, Innovate UK and Research England:
- Learn more about AHRC’s far-ranging impact
- Discover impact stories from BBSRC funded science
- Find out how EPSRC’s research is making a difference
- Read how ESRC makes an impact on society
- See how Innovate UK’s funding and support enables successful businesses
- MRC’s successes are changing lives
- See how NERC makes a difference
- Find out how Research England’s Connecting Capability Fund makes an impact
- Explore how STFC is maximising impact