Apply for funding to develop or improve drugs or plant protection agents to help:
- treat bacterial or fungal infections
- reduce the spread of resistance to drugs.
- be based at a research organisation eligible for MRC funding
- apply as part of a consortium of transnational partners.
Your project should involve either:
- licensed antibiotics or antifungals
- interventions in pre-clinical or early clinical development.
Apply for funding to address a societal challenge within the remit of STFC’s security theme or environment theme, or both themes.
You must work in an STFC lab or facility, or be currently funded through an eligible STFC core science programme area.
Apply for funding to develop a network to enable the resilience of future UK urban systems during a crisis event.
- be a UK resident
- be based at an eligible research organisation
- have the leadership skills to coordinate a network of interdisciplinary research.
Apply for funding to enhance the impact of research in the environmental sciences.
NERC knowledge exchange fellowships help you and your stakeholders to share knowledge.
You must be based at an institution eligible for UKRI funding. We welcome researchers at all career stages.
Apply for funding for new research ideas that are speculative, high risk, with potential for a high reward.
Your idea for a project must be within the remit of EPSRC’s:
- engineering theme
- information and communication technologies (ICT) theme.
You must be:
- a UK resident
- based at an eligible research organisation.
Apply for funding to improve the delivery of nucleic acid therapeutics.
We expect to fund one consortium. We will fund:
- small or medium-sized enterprises
- academic organisations
- public sector organisations.
The principal investigator must be UK based.
Apply for funding to provide independent expertise for the commissioning of the NERC Environmental Data Service (EDS).
You must be:
- a UK resident
- based at a UK institution eligible for UKRI funding.
You must not have a connection to:
- the EDS
- the associated environmental data centres
- any NERC research centre.
Apply for funding to investigate the causes, progression and treatment of human disease. Your proposal must include an experimental intervention or challenge in humans.
You must be based at an eligible research organisation.
You can apply if you hold a fellowship or lectureship.
This is an ongoing scheme. Application rounds open every January and July.
Apply for funding to engage the public with STFC-supported science, technology or facilities.
You must work for an organisation that:
- is based in the UK
- has audited accounts.
Proposals must include a researcher in an STFC-funded area.
Apply for funding to develop early-stage technologies in sensing and imaging.
You must be based at an eligible UK organisation. You must collaborate with organisations from other disciplines.
Your project must have two co-principal investigators. They must be from different research areas.