We are running this funding opportunity on the new UKRI Funding Service. You cannot apply on the Joint Electronic Submissions (Je-S) system.
The project lead is responsible for completing the application process on the Funding Service. The project lead will be based in the research office, library, or other department or team that is responsible for managing open access in the organisation.
Select ‘Start application’ near the beginning of this Funding finder page.
- Confirm you are the project lead.
- Sign in or create a Funding Service account. To create an account, select your organisation, verify your email address, and set a password. If your organisation is not listed, email email@example.com
Please allow at least 10 working days for your organisation to be added to the Funding Service.
- Answer questions directly in the text boxes. You can save your answers and come back to complete them or work offline and return to copy and paste your answers. If we need you to upload a document, follow the upload instructions in the Funding Service. All questions and assessment criteria are listed in the How to apply section on this Funding finder page.
- Allow enough time to check your application in ‘read-only’ view before sending to your research office.
- Send the completed application to your research office for checking. They will return it to you if it needs editing.
- Your research office will submit the completed and checked application to UKRI.
Watch our research office webinars about the new Funding Service.
For more guidance on the Funding Service, see:
UKRI’s open access fund for longform publications will close on the published closing date due to system requirements and will reopen shortly afterwards. The latest information on payment periods and associated deadlines is available at Open access funding and reporting.
Make sure you are aware of and follow any internal institutional deadlines.
Following the submission of your application to the funding opportunity, your application cannot be changed, and applications will not be returned for amendment. If your application does not follow the guidance, it may be rejected.
Processing personal data
UKRI will need to collect some personal information to manage your Funding Service account and the registration of your funding applications.
We will handle personal data in line with UK data protection legislation and manage it securely. For more information, including how to exercise your rights, read our privacy notice.
Publication of outcomes
UKRI will publish the outcomes of this funding opportunity at UKRI Gateway to Research.
If your application is successful, we will publish some personal information on the UKRI Gateway to Research.
Word limit: 50
Name title hint
Enter your organisation name, the month, and the year that you are submitting your application to UKRI.
Provide the total number of publications that you are registering with UKRI
Guidance for writing a summary
For the application summary you should:
- provide the total number of publications that you are registering with UKRI, for example ‘one monograph; two book chapters’
- state if you are requesting costs for third party content, for example ‘We are requesting costs for third party content as part of this application’
- provide any additional information about a publication included in this application here, if needed
We may make this summary publicly available on external-facing websites, so please avoid including any sensitive information within this section.
Full guidance on how to complete a stage two application to this fund is available at Guidance for UKRI’s open access fund for long-form publications.
List the key members of your team and assign them roles from the following:
- project lead (PL)
- professional enabling staff
If the administrative contact for this application is not the project lead, please add this person as professional enabling staff. This will be the individual at your organisation who will manage the award (for example, librarian, research manager, or other).
Find out more about UKRI’s core team roles in funding applications.
Word limit: 10,000
List the monographs, edited collections, and book chapters that your organisation is claiming funds for from UKRI by completing the stage two table of questions document.
To complete this section:
- Download and complete the Stage 2 table of questions document.
- Copy and paste the table into the text box in this section on the Funding Service.
- Upload a single PDF containing the corresponding invoice(s) for all publications in this section of the application.
- Mark this section complete.
- Applications that use a different format to submit the application will not be considered.
Save invoices in a single PDF no larger than 8MB. The invoices should appear in the order in which the publications are included in the table.
For the file name, use the unique Funding Service number the system gives you when you create an application, followed by ‘your organisation name_invoices’
Unless specifically requested, please do not include any sensitive personal data within the attachment.