We want to
- Support the very best scientists, engineers and technical staff within STFC’s community to undertake extended programmes of high quality, innovative public engagement.
- Encourage and support leadership and capacity building for public engagement activities within organisations
- Contribute to the wider community of highly skilled practitioners of public engagement with STFC science, technology and facilities who inspire and involve colleagues, students and members of the public, through their engagement programme and leadership
- Highlight the achievements of STFC science, technology and facilities, demonstrating the excitement of research and the value of STEM to the UK
Our expectations of our Leadership Fellows
- Act as academic leaders for engagement within their organisation
- Build strengthened capacity and networks for public engagement activities within their organisation
- To raise the profile of public engagement within their host institution and professional community, including sharing best practice and developing new talent
- To deliver a prolonged, thematic and an appropriate programme of high-quality public engagement, covering multiple different events and activities during the lifetime of the fellowship
- Promote and champion STFC science, technology and facilities, including the impact of science and technology on society
- To regularly interact with STFC’s public engagement and communication teams, including STFC networks, events, grant holder meetings and advisory structures when requested
The 2020/21 call for STFC Leadership Fellows in Public Engagement is now open for applications. The call deadline has been extended to 16:00 on 7 October 2020.
Full information about this opportunity is on the STFC Leadership Fellows in Public Engagement page.