Apply for funding to develop or improve drugs or plant protection agents to help:
- treat bacterial or fungal infections
- reduce the spread of resistance to drugs.
- be based at a research organisation eligible for MRC funding
- apply as part of a consortium of transnational partners.
Your project should involve either:
- licensed antibiotics or antifungals
- agents in pre-clinical or early clinical development.
It could aim to:
- improve efficacy or specificity
- repurpose existing interventions
- optimise combinations of drugs or plant protection agents
- design and implement:
- new strategies
- innovative tools, including novel chemistry and new materials.
This is a pre-announcement for the ‘Disrupting drug Resistance Using Innovative Design’ (DRUID) funding opportunity. This guidance gives all the information available so far.
The full details and application process will be available on the JPIAMR website.
UK-based researchers will also need to submit a UK budget to UKRI.
We will update this guidance with details of how to do this by the opening date.