Apply for institutional funding to unlock the impact of your organisation’s research-base.
They support a breadth of impact activities that allow funding to be used in flexible, responsive and creative ways.
IAAs provide research organisations with agility to make decisions about how to invest the funding in ways that best suit your institutional strategies and opportunities.
The awards add value to existing funding and take advantage of new or unforeseen opportunities to facilitate the realisation of impact.
You must use your IAA funding to:
- strengthen engagement with users in order to accelerate the translation of research outputs into impacts
- support, develop and foster strategic partnerships for knowledge exchange and impact, including across disciplines and sectors
- build and maintain an environment and culture that enables effective and ambitious knowledge exchange and impact, including development of skills, capacity and capability within research organisations
- provide early-stage support for progressing research outputs towards the next stages in the impact pipeline, for example:
- proof of concept projects
- market validation
- activities targeting policy, business and the third sectors
- drive continuous improvement in impact by supporting innovation, enabling ‘fast failure’, and capturing learning through appropriate mechanisms
- enable flexible and adaptive approaches to knowledge exchange and impact, including the ability to respond quickly to emerging opportunities.
We are seeking institutional level applications that support knowledge exchange, user, policy and third sector engagement, translation and early-stage commercialisation.
Applications must be coordinated at an institutional level.
You need to demonstrate the value of IAAs to your whole institution’s strategy and maximise opportunities to bring together approaches.
However, IAAs should also retain sensitivity to the needs of different research and innovation communities.
Details of IAA approach to equality, diversity and inclusion, and responsible innovation will also be asked for.
Full details of IAA aims will be provided when the funding opportunity opens.