You must apply using the Joint Electronic Submission system (Je-S).
When adding a new proposal, you should select:
- council: EPSRC
- document type: standard proposal
- scheme: discipline-hopping awards
On the project details page, you should select ‘discipline-hopping in information and communications technologies’.
Your application should include the following attachments:
- case for support including up to two sides of A4 on your track record and your suitability for a discipline hop at this stage of your career, and up to six sides of A4 on how your discipline hop will meet the objectives of this scheme
- justification of resources: two pages
- a diagrammatic work plan: one page
- your CV: two sides of A4
- letter(s) from the host organisation(s) you intend to hop into confirming arrangements are in place: one side of A4
- letter from the head of department at your organisation confirming agreement to the hop and that arrangements are in place to manage any EPSRC grants affected by the hop: one side of A4.
You should attach your documents as PDFs to avoid errors. They should be completed in single-spaced 11 font Arial or similar sans serif typeface.
We recommend you start your application in good time. You can save completed details in Je-S at any time and return to continue your application later.
When you submit the application, it will first go to your host organisation for review. You should hear the result of your application within 26 weeks of submission by your host organisation.
See the Je-S handbook for advice on completing applications.
Find out more about completing your application.
UKRI is implementing a standard method for inputting overseas costs on Je-S from 1 July 2021. This will enhance UKRI’s ability to report on overseas funding to:
- the Organisation for Economic Development (OECD)
- other government departments.
It includes any costs incurred by organisations outside the UK, including:
- staff salaries
- travel and subsistence
The ‘Other-DI Costs’ document is to contain the following data in the description box in this exact format: ‘Organisation; Country; Cost Category; Cost Description’.
For example: ‘University of Nairobi; Kenya; Other Directly Incurred Costs; Subcontracting of the production of samples’.