Video credit: UKRI
On-screen captions and an autogenerated transcript are available on YouTube.
Not everyone who works in science or research has a PhD. We spoke to five people who do important and unusual jobs behind the scenes in research about their career paths:
- Terri Adams is the Glass Design and Fabrication Facility Manager for the University of Oxford
- Gary Brannan is Keeper of Archives and Special Collections at the Borthwick Institute
- Merryn Kent is a Research Administrator at the University of Exeter
- Amanda Solloway was the UK Government Minister for Science between 2020 and 2021
- Fiona Travers is a Senior Public Engagement Officer at the UK Astronomy Technology Centre.
Find out how and why they got their unusual jobs.
Last updated: 18 February 2022