The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) operates world-class research facilities for the UK.
STFC facilities and resources you can use in your research include:
- lasers, including free electron lasers
- light sources, including synchrotron light sources
- neutron and muon sources
- facilities for atmospheric and space science
- high-performance computing facilities and expertise
- a deep underground science facility
- specialised laboratory spaces and equipment.
STFC also manages the UK funding and engagement for several international research facilities, to which UK researchers have access. Through this international collaboration the UK research community has access to facilities that are beyond the scope or capability of national facilities, or that provide complimentary instrumentation. They provide benefits due to the scale of operations, allow for input from a collection of international researchers to develop cutting-edge technology, and offer a critical route for the provision and development of staff, in a wide range of key skills.
If you have queries about the management of the UK engagement, please contact us at email: email@example.com