Higher education providers can get additional funding to support sustainable capital investment, called the Research Capital Investment Fund.
We do this to:
- enable high-quality research
- support sustainable infrastructure development
- grow higher education provider’s research capacity and capability.
They are allocated through:
- HEI Research Capital England, which looks at your higher education provider’s research income from quality-related research funding and other sources
- Higher Education Research Capital England, which looks at your higher education provider’s research income from the research councils.
These are formula-based funds. You do not apply for them. More information about formula capital allocation may be found on the RE website.
Last updated: 17 September 2021