Apply for funding for a placement with a non-academic organisation. You will help the organisation develop and use transformative digital technologies to support environmental solutions and catalyse further activity.
You can use the following technologies applied within an environmental context:
- artificial intelligence (AI)
- digital twinning
- engineering biology informatics
- quantum technologies
- autonomous systems or robotics.
Apply to be part of a three-week online ‘hackathon’ event. During the event, teams develop ideas for digital technologies that improve equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) in the environmental sciences.
You could be:
- part of a team developing an idea
- a mentor paid £2,000 to help teams to fully consider EDI.
Anyone can apply for the hackathon. To develop your ideas further, someone eligible for NERC funding can apply for pilot funding at the end of the event.