Fellowships are personal awards to support researchers at key transition points in their careers. The funding helps develop your skills and the new knowledge you generate also strengthens the scientific community and helps it respond effectively to current and future challenges in medical research.
A range of fellowships are available to meet diverse needs, allowing training placements in the UK, abroad or in industry.
Fellowships help develop your career as a researcher by:
- supporting your move to the next stage in your career, normally through a change in role
- providing a consolidated period of time to dedicate to research, with protection from other professional commitments
- funding a challenging research project
- supporting your longer term career goals
- securing the host research organisation’s clear commitment to supporting and mentoring you.