The MRC Regulatory Support Centre provides support and guidance on the legal and ethical requirements for research involving human participants, their tissues, or data. We work with the academic research community to support high quality research and ensure policy makers hear the voice of the researcher.
Supporting high quality research
We empower the research community by:
- improving understanding of legal and ethical requirements through practical guidance and learning
- bringing the research community together to share good practice, and risk proportionate approaches to implement requirements
- providing up-to-date information on the changing regulatory landscape.
Sign up for our quarterly newsletters
Creating a better research environment
At the Regulatory Support Centre, we:
- work in partnership with regulatory authorities and policy makers, to help shape a landscape that fosters research
- we use evidence about the impact of regulatory requirements on research to influence policy
- we promote the implementation of effective regulation informed by public opinion and ethical principles.
How to contact us
MRC Regulatory Support Centre
University of Edinburgh, 1 George Square, Edinburgh EH8 9JZ
0131 651 5062
Speak to a member of the team
Karen Jameson, Regulatory Support Centre Administrator
Sarah Dickson, Head of Regulatory Support Centre
Alex Bailey, Programme Manager: Data Access and Evidence
Anne Chapman, Programme Manager: Product Development and Learning
Heather Coupar, Programme Manager: Advice, Communications and Human Tissue
Rachel Robertson, Web and Learning Development Manager
How we use your data
You can find out how the MRC Regulatory Support Centre uses the ‘personal data’ we hold, in our privacy notices.
Last updated: 5 April 2022