The UK has a range of organisations that comprise the innovation ecosystem.
Each has a dedicated mission and contributes to the national endeavour, but the system is not always easy for ‘time-poor’ companies to navigate. When a company needs to access simultaneous input from multiple organisations, it is not always easy to find. We and our partners will work together to implement this action plan. This includes our work to make it easier to navigate the innovation ecosystem and find support.
We are joined in our work by our innovation partners:
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS): government department responsible for business and innovation
- British Business Bank: government-owned business development bank dedicated to making finance markets work better for smaller businesses
- British Standards Institution (BSI): the UK’s national standards body and representative in international standards
- Defence and Security Accelerator: agency of the Ministry of Defence that finds and funds exploitable innovation to support UK defence and security quickly and effectively, and support UK prosperity
- Defence, Science and Technology Laboratory: agency of the Ministry of Defence providing world-class expertise and delivering cutting-edge science and technology
- Department for International Trade: government department responsible for international trade and investment
- Intellectual Property Office: the official government body responsible for intellectual property rights in the UK
- National Physical Laboratory (part of the National Measurement System): responsible for UK metrology infrastructure and development.