The UK’s bioscience community can use advanced technology, facilities and other resources funded by the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC).
BBSRC facilities and resources you can use for your research include:
- high-performance computing
- bioinformatics and computation services
- data visualisation and mathematical modelling services
- genome sequencing facilities
- seed collections and other biological resources
- databases, software and training
- networks for information and data sharing.
You can also use large-scale facilities such as laser installations, neutron and synchrotron light sources, and the Research Complex at Harwell, through BBSRC funding.