The Future Leaders Fellowships (FLF) Peer Review College (PRC) membership reflects the breadth of disciplines and subjects across UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
By joining us, PRC members take on a fundamental role in the peer review process, ensuring that the highest quality research proposals receive funding in accordance with robust and transparent decision-making processes.
We are now inviting applications to join the FLF PRC, with a key objective to further diversify our membership and address remit expertise gaps.
Applications are invited from eligible individuals at all career stages, including from early career researchers (ECRs), who can demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria for PRC membership (see appendix A in the ‘further information’ section).
This is an open recruitment call and UKRI is inviting direct applications from individual applicants via Survey Monkey, which must be submitted by the deadline of 16:00 UK time on 4 November 2022.
Nominations from colleagues or organisations are not possible, though research organisations, learned societies, industry organisations and other key stakeholder groups should continue to encourage and support eligible colleagues to apply.
Applications across our disciplinary remit are strongly encouraged from persons who identify as an ethnic minority, persons with disabilities, persons of diverse gender identities and expressions, and persons identifying with other groups who are currently underrepresented.
Applications are also encouraged from people with specific professional experience and expertise that is currently underrepresented on our college, including:
- pure mathematics
- optical and quantum physics
- physical chemistry (including structural)
- atmospheric sciences, geochemistry, geology, physical geography and environmental geoscience
- environmental science and management
- biochemistry and cell biology, ecology, genetics, microbiology, plant biology
- crop and pasture production
- artificial intelligence and image processing, data format and information systems
- chemical, electrical and electronic, materials and interdisciplinary engineering
- communications technologies and nanotechnology
- cardiorespiratory medicine, haematology, clinical sciences, immunology, medical microbiology, neurosciences, oncology, carcinogenesis and public health and health services
- applied economics
- business and management
- human geography, political science and sociology
- performing arts and creative writing
- cultural and literary studies
- archaeology and historical studies.