|Closing date||N/A – always open|
|Time commitment||Up to the individual|
|Number of positions||Unlimited|
Our Early Career Researcher Forum will allow you to connect with other researchers and have your say on what matters to you.
What is the Early Career Researcher Forum?
The forum is a community of early career researchers and innovators from across the research and innovation system.
It will give early career researchers a voice in UKRI’s strategy, policy development and decision making.
The forum will give a say to roles including postdoctoral researchers, research associates and other staff whose primary responsibility is to conduct research – giving a direct route to engage with us.
Why you should join
By joining, you will become part of a community that:
- lets you input into UKRI’s strategy, policy development and decision making
- connects you with UKRI and our partners
- allows you to interact and build relationships with your peers, connecting you with
- people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
You will have the opportunity to take part in engagement activities including:
- focus groups and workshops
- surveys and consultations
- networking opportunities.
The Early Career Researcher Forum aims to represent a diverse range of voices from a variety of roles. To find out more, see our equality impact assessment of the forum.
Who can join
The Early Career Researcher Forum could be for you if you are:
- a postdoctoral researcher
- a research associate
- another member of staff whose primary responsibility is to conduct research.
To be eligible you must:
- identify as an early career researcher or innovator
- have been employed in a research or innovation role within the last 12 months
- have an institutional or organisational email address, which you use to register with the forum
- be based in the UK.
We welcome applications across research and industry, whether you work in the private, public or third sectors, and from a broad range of roles.
For more information on who can apply and how, read the guidance (PDF, 186KB).
How to join the forum
To join the forum you need to complete an application form.
You can apply at any time, however, applications are normally reviewed in batches, every three months.
Last updated: 30 March 2021