- Closing date
- 8 December 2022 4pm
- Number of positions
- Length of term
- 3 years standard term (initially 1 year, extended to a full term if mutually agreed).
- The term can be extended further in exceptional circumstances, up to a maximum of 6 years.
- Time commitment
- Maximum 10 to 12 days per year (generally less).
Including at least 2 strategy advisory panel meetings per year of 1 to 2 days each, with a maximum of 5 to 6 days for preparation, and a maximum of 5 to 6 days for additional responsibilities (ad hoc strategic advice for UKRI and BBSRC, attendance for the UKRI Talent and Skills Advisory Group and the BBSRC annual strategic workshop).
- Travel and subsistence will be paid, along with an attendance fee per meeting.
- Outcomes communicated date
- Late March 2023
We are inviting expressions of interest to join the People and Talent Strategy Advisory Panel as a chair.
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council’s (BBSRC) Strategy Advisory Panels play a key role in delivering BBSRC’s mission. The panels provide expert input and advice that:
- helps shape and develop our strategy
- ensures that our investment decisions are supported by expert knowledge and insight from members of the scientific research and innovation community, including those with broad experience between and across disciplines
The panels are made up of 6 to 8 members, supplemented as appropriate with additional invited experts according to business needs.
We aim to better reflect the diversity and experience across the breadth of the bioscience community, spanning academia, industry and policy.