We recruit Board, Executive Chairs and Deputy Director level roles and above (equivalent to Senior Civil Service) at Band X and Y. We employ a strong focus on equality, diversity and inclusion, ensuring recruitment is diverse and open for equal opportunity at all times.
Our current vacancies are listed below.
Chief Operating Officer
- Closing date
- 25 July 2022
- Contract type
- Open ended
- £83,000 to £95,000 per annum (depending on skills and experience)
- Band X
- Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC), Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire
The Chief Operating Officer for STFC is an executive role reporting into the STFC Executive Chair, where activities focus in these key areas:
- direct line responsibility for a number of corporate functions, that include:
- health and safety
- continuous improvement
- risk management.
- business partner arrangements with UKRI corporate functions that include:
- human resources
- governance, assurance, risk and information
- as a member of the Executive team supporting the STFC Executive Chair in the transformation of STFC in alignment to the UKRI strategy. To lead and support strategic planning and decision making; and to work on a number of collaborative activities that are incorporated within the enabling activities of the STFC strategy map, such as:
- evaluation and improvement of corporate performance
- estates planning
- environmental strategy.
Last updated: 23 June 2022