The Executive Board normally meets monthly and is chaired by Professor Mark Thomson, the Science and Technology Facilities Council’s (STFC) Executive Chair.
STFC Council appoints the membership of the Executive Board, with the exception of the Executive Chair who is appointed by the Secretary of State.
The Executive Chair is responsible for the leadership and management of the organisation and the delivery of its mission, working closely with STFC Council who will support and challenge him.
The Executive Board is the senior management board within STFC, responsible for delivery of the following, within the strategic direction and guidance set by the Executive Chair:
- the science programme
- international subscriptions and engagement
- financial management and planning
- the economic impact agenda
- the campuses
- outreach, external relations and communications
- Professor Mark Thomson, Executive Chair
- Georgia Giatras, Chief Operating Officer
- Mark Affonso, Director of Finance
- Peter Thompson, Executive Director, Human Resources
- Professor Grahame Blair, Executive Director, Programmes
- Dr Bryony Butland, Programme Director UKRI Infrastructure Roadmap
- Dr Neil Geddes, Executive Director, National Laboratories
- Dr Alan Partridge, Executive Director, National Laboratories: Large Scale Facilities
- Dr Liz Fellman, Executive Director, Strategy, Planning and Communications
- Paul Vernon, Executive Director for the Business and Innovation Directorate
Terms of reference
View the Executive Board terms of reference.
Register of interests
View the Executive Board register of interests.
Last updated: 24 January 2023