The purpose of the Nuclear Physics Advisory Panel is to provide a link between Science Board and the nuclear physics community, and represent the needs of the community to the Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC).
The advisory panel is tasked to:
- maintain an overview of activities within the area
- develop and maintain a science vision and long term strategy or roadmap by assessing the merit of current and future science opportunities
- develop and maintain a technology roadmap for their area of research
- consult and interact with the community to ensure its views are canvassed and there is an appropriate and effective route for communication with STFC on strategic programmatic issues
- provide advice to Science Board on specific questions as requested
- liaise with other advisory panels when appropriate
- include in its remit technology development, theory, high performance computing and data curation issues within its area.
The scope of the science covered by the panel includes nuclear structure, nuclear reactions, nuclear astrophysics, the nature of the quark-gluon plasma, and the structure of hadrons.
- Jacek Dobaczewski (Chair), University of York
- Moritz Pascal Reiter, University of Edinburgh
- Rachel Montgomery, University of Glasgow
- Philippos Papadakis, STFC Daresbury
- David Sharp, The University of Manchester
- Paul Stevenson, University of Surrey
View UK nuclear physics roadmaps from 2012 to 2019.
Terms of Reference
Read the full terms of reference.
Jacek Dobaczewski (Chair)
Last updated: 10 March 2023