The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is committed to developing a sustainable approach to equality, diversity and inclusion (ED&I) across all of our activities and practices as an employer, funder and partner. The Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Board has been created to provide challenge and advice in developing STFC as an inclusive workplace with practices, policies and processes that promote equality, diversity and inclusion across all of our functions.
The Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Advisory Board will be chaired by Professor Sheila Rowan, Chief Scientific Adviser to the Scottish Government and report directly to Council.
Terms of reference
Read our terms of reference for the Equality, Diversity & Inclusion External Advisory Board
- Sheila Rowan (current Chair), Member of Council, University of Glasgow
- Pam Thomas (due to be Chair from June 2022), Member of Council, CEO Faraday Institution
- Saher Ahmed, Head of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, Wellcome Sanger Institute
- Sheila Kanani, Education, Outreach and Diversity Officer, Royal Astronomical Society
- Nancy Roberts, CEO Umbrella
- Gemma Sweeney, Enterprise and Equalities Manager, University of Huddersfield
- Emma Taylor-Steeds, Head of Diversity and Inclusion, Knowledge Transfer Network (KTN)
- Jon Butterworth, Member of Council, University College London
Last updated: 3 May 2022