The Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) invests in studentships delivered through the cohort training model in the form of Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centres for Doctoral Training (CDTs). As the end of the first DTP awards approaches and with three DTP2 cohorts now recruited, we are reviewing the cohort training offer to inform future commissioning of postgraduate training.
Independent research informing review
We have contracted independent agency Pye Tait Consulting to conduct research which will:
- underpin a review of the cohort training model
- inform commissioning of future doctoral investments
- support strategic decision-making for our talent and skills investments.
This research comprises two elements:
- an online survey open to all who wish to provide feedback on DTPs and CDTs
- a series of roundtable discussions for DTP and CDT directors, deputy directors and administrators, with specific sessions for student representatives
The outcomes of the review will inform the commissioning of NERC’s future studentship investments. We will provide further information following the review.
Take part in the survey
The survey should take around 15 minutes to complete, depending on how much you wish to say. They survey will remain open until 13 June 2022. We value views from across the research and innovation community.
Last updated: 30 May 2022