The Strategic Relationship and Assurance Meetings (SRAMs) replaced the Centre Assurance Boards in 2020 following a review of the relationship agreements between the Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) and NERC Centres, and NERC’s assurance requirements within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI).
The scope of each SRAM is laid out in its terms of reference. It also provides a forum for the centres to report on and discuss their national capability funding.
The SRAMs currently cover the following research centres:
- British Antarctic Survey (BAS)
- British Geological Survey (BGS)
- NERC Centre for Atmospheric Sciences (NCAS)
- NERC Centre for Earth Observation (NCEO)
- National Oceanography Centre (NOC)
- UK Centre of Ecology & Hydrology (UKCEH).
- Victoria McMyn – NERC Chief Operating Officer (Chair)
- Professor Sir Duncan Wingham – NERC Executive Chair
- Dr Iain Williams – Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Shaun Caswell – UKRI Finance Business Partner
- Professor Mark Bailey, UK Centre for Ecology and Hydrology
- Professor Dame Jane Francis, British Antarctic Survey
- Dr Karen Hanghoj, British Geological Survey
- Professor Ed Hill, National Oceanography Centre
- Professor Stephen Mobbs, NERC Centre for Atmospheric Sciences
- Professor John Remedios, NERC Centre for Earth Observation.
Meetings in 2022
- 6 January (BAS)
- 4 July (BAS)
- 11 July (NCAS)
- 14 July (NOC)
- 26 July (UKCEH)
- 28 July (BGS)
- 3 August (NCEO)
Dates of previous meetings can be found on the National Archives.