The NERC Assurance Board (NAB) provides a focus for assurance within NERC, supporting the Executive Chair in fulfilling their responsibilities. NAB’s role includes internal challenge and experienced advice, which will help it in planning and providing reassurance to Council.
The board also provides UKRI and UKRI’s Audit, Risk, Assurance and Performance Committee (ARAPC) with assurance that NERC has robust assurance processes and procedures that they can rely on, whilst not replicating the responsibilities of ARAPC.
- Nick Folland, Independent Chair
- Professor Sir Duncan Wingham, NERC Executive Chair
- Caroline Bault, CounselRock Partners
- Nigel Bird, NERC Director Major Programmes
- Alison Robinson, NERC Deputy Executive Chair
- Professor Susan Waldron, NERC Director of Research & Skills
- Dr Iain Williams, NERC Director of Strategic Partnerships
- Christine Foster, The Alan Turing Institute
- Kim Shillinglaw, Media Executive.
- 25 January
- 12 September
- 28 January
- 5 August