Our work is overseen by a council, which sets overall objectives and direction. The Council meets six times a year.
Members have a range of expertise in research and innovation that is drawn across business, entrepreneurship, investment, technology, economics and business impact evaluation. They also have different characteristics and professional backgrounds.
Council meeting minutes
Innovate UK executive management team
Our executive management team leads a team of around 300 technologists, business specialists and support staff to make sure we meet our objectives.
Executive management team members
The members are:
- Indro Mukerjee, Chief Executive Officer
- Simon Edmonds, Chief Business Officer
- Mike Biddle, Director – ISCF Programmes
- Ian Meikle, Director – Clean Growth and Infrastructure
- Guy Woolley, Director – ISCF Governance
- Paul Mason, Director – Innovation Policy
- Esra Kasapoglu, Director – AI & Data Economy
- Neil McDaid, Chief Investment Officer
- Louisa Simons, Chief Operating Officer
- Richard Hebdon, Director – Health & Life Sciences
- David Wilkes, Director – Innovation Ecosystem
- Robert Shaw, Chief of Staff.
Last updated: 5 April 2022